Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Dill Weed

No, its not a insult, although it sounds like it might be!

I've had this container for a very long time, and from the looks of it, I think I used it maybe one time. Definitely a good indication that I do NOT need a bottle of this size in my already cramped spice shelf.

So I have done away with it. I brought it into work with the intention of getting a small jar from BBB and leaving the rest in our spice cabinet at work, which really only consists of fake salt, pepper, garlic powder and cinnamon (and Tums).  I'm trying to classy the place up!

Dill Weed

So naturally, after I bring the dill weed into work, and put it in the cabinet, I decide to check out some yummy recipes... now I secretly wanna take it home!  I guess I can always replensish my stash at work... I don't see it leaving any time soon.

Lime-Dill Grilled Chicken
8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup lime juice
1/3 cup olive oil
4 green onions, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon
Spice Barn Dill Weed, divided
1/4 teaspoon Spice Barn Ground Black Pepper



Combine juice, oil, onions, garlic, pepper and 2 teaspoons dill; add chicken and marinate 2-4 hours. Drain, discard marinade.  Grill chicken for 12-15 minutes; turning once.  Sprinkle with remaining dill before serving.

Dilled Cucumber Salad
2 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
1/3 cup green onion, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon
Spice Barn Dill Weed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon Spice Barn White Pepper
3/4 cup sour cream
lettuce leaves

Drain cucumbers between paper towels.  Combine cucumbers with next 4 ingredients.  Fold in sour cream.  Serve on lettuce leaves.

Dilled Shrimp with Angel Hair Pasta
2 pounds unpeeled medium shrimp
8 ounces angel hair pasta
1 cup butter
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups half and half
1/2 cup fresh parsley
1 teaspoon
Spice Barn Dill Weed
1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper
green, yellow, red bell pepper


Peel and devein shrimp; set aside.  Cook pasta; drain and set aside; keeping warm.  Melt butter in heavy skillet over medium high heat; add shrimp and garlic.  Sauté 3-5 minutes; stirring constantly.  Remove shrimp from pan and se aside reserving garlic and butter in skillet.  Add half and half to skillet; bring to a boil, stirring constantly.  Reduce heat to low; simmer about 15 minutes until thickened.  Add shrimp, parsley, dill weed, and seasonings.  Stir until blended; serve over pasta.  Top with sautéed strips of green, yellow, and red bell pepper and garnish with fresh dill.
 

2 comments:

  1. Whenever I hear dill weed I think it's an ingredient they use in spells in Harry Potter!

    ReplyDelete