Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Bigger the Purse...

... the more $hit I can pack into it. I have seen this time and time again with my selection of purses. Not to mention that my back seems to suffer the most when I would try to schlep around my D-SLR camera, affectionately known as "The Beast."

But I found this same ... trend... occurs with me, and my spice cabinets. I wish I had a photo of my old cabinet at my last apartment, but when we moved into my current place, my spices definitely got an upgrade... But like Kevin Costner's Voice in the Wind, "If you build it, they will come," the same can be said for the occupancy and selection of spice jars that seemingly magically appear when more room is given for growth. Or like my therapist often relates to the laws of physics how empty space WILL be filled. Its called The Vacuum Law of Prosperity (google it, its REALLY interesting)

Here is my spice cabinet. It goes like, 3 rows back. I would love to find a better way to organize these babies without risking the domino affect of reaching for a spice in the back, and all the ones in front falling to the ceramic tiled floor... OH me and my projects!

My spice cabinet

Also please note my new Le Creuset mortar and pestle in Caribbean. It was a belated birthday gift from Becky. She has a matching one in Oregon. And if you click on the photo which will bring you to my Flickr page, I have tagged the distiguishable spices... cause, I'm a dork.

2 comments:

  1. Have you looked in the Container Store? They have these fun pull down shelving units you can get for spices. We tried getting one of those for our cabinet in Glendale but unfortunately our cabinet was too small so it didn't work the way we wanted, but if you have the right cabinet dimensions it's worth a shot.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete