We went through B's old clothes. We found things that he hasn't worn in about 10 years. 1/2 of the clothes he no longer likes, 1/2 are too big! There is a small folded pile not in the photo of things we're gonna take to our tailor to see if a few small alterations can make the over sized garment fit his smaller body.
Monday, April 16, 2012
Sunday, April 15, 2012
I've had this eye liner since... um, high school maybe? It was probably a good 10 inches long. It kills me that these are its final days. I can't even find the brand on the stick. Its saying goodbye to an old friend.
Thursday, April 12, 2012
I have thrown myself into a stroll down memory lane.
Until You, was the first historical romance novel I ever read, kinda launching me into the guilty pleasure of this genre. I don't know why, but I am obsessed with TORTURED LOVE (cue Chris Isaak's Wicked Games). I'm sure this is something that will soon come up with my therapist, but these types of books are filled with it! Its always the maid falling in love with the Duke or vise versa.
Until You was the second book in this particular series, and came about 15 years after the first book, Whitney, My Love. I had always meant to read the first one, but life happens.
Living an actively leisure state while I'm between work assignments, I have turned back into a care-free 15 year old spending all day reading and staying up into the wee hours of the night indulging.
I hate when you get really attached to a book, and are kinda devastated when all of a sudden, you hit the prologue.
On to the next...
Friday, April 6, 2012
Wednesday, April 4, 2012
After what felt like ALMOST a year, I finally was able to see Mamma Mia at the Pantages. I remember seeing the small program cover in the back of the program for... Beauty and The Beast a while back and I was like "MUST GET TICKETS!"
I brought my handsome un-theatrical loving husband as my date. He wouldn't admit it, but I heard him chuckle quite a bit, despite the answer he gave to his father which I imagine was "did you like the show?" He responded "I enjoyed taking my wife to the theater."
The gal that played Sophie was pretty amazing. Her name is Chloe Tucker. She was fantastic, but no surprise.
She went to the Boston Conservatory of Music in Boston. In my very biased opinion, only the best of the best go to and come out of BC :) (yeah, my cousin Carmen went there!)
Like when I saw the movie staring Meryl Streep, Amanda Seyfried, Pierce Brosnan, Christine Baranski and Colin Firth, my feet were tapping from start to finish! Must download entire soundtrack.
If Kombucha didn't already make you think VINEGAR... Respberry Kombucha reminds me of a salad dressing I used to use a bunch of times!
Now there is a line of Kombucha that has Chia seeds (yes, like that cha cha cha chia!). They are really high in Omega 3s.
In this case, they feel like drinking one of those boba tapioca drinks, but the seeds are much smaller. Really WEIRD to drink hehehe. No telling if I'd pick up another bottle. Or perhaps when I get down to the bottom, I'll have found a new found love :)
I've been finding new things to mix in with my yogurt. Thus far we have...
- Almond meal + almond extract + date paste.
- Almond butter
- Peanut Butter
- Raspberry jam + peanut butter
- Ground coconut + a bit of coconut extract + date paste
- The multitude of extracts that lie in my cupboard, along with date paste!
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablesppon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 10)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain white rice
- 1/2 cup plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, whisk together the tomato paste, garlic, curry powder, ginger, cumin, and ¾ cup water. Add the onion and stir to combine. Place the chicken on top and season with 1 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Cover and cook until the chicken is tender, on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours (this will shorten total cooking time).
- Twenty minutes before serving, cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Just before serving, add the yogurt and ½ teaspoon salt to the chicken and stir to combine. Serve with the rice and sprinkle with the scallions.