Thursday, February 24, 2011

Coconut goodness

I bought some coconut oil over the weekend and went halvies with Cousin. Becky had told me (and shown me) when I went to Oregon.


Here are the list of benefits from the website:

Raw Organic Coconut Oil

* Pure extra-virgin coconut oil
* 100% Oil
* Nutritional supplement
* Skin moisturizer
* Dairy Butter replacement
* Cooking aid (sautéing/frying)



So far, I made an omelet the other day, replacing canola oil or butter, with the coconut oil. It definitely had a coconut essence. I mean, i LOVE coconut so I didn't mind. But I don't know how others would find that.

This morning, I made some toast with Sesame Ezekiel bread, and I schmeered a little bit of the coconut oil (which at room temperature is like chicken fat that solidifies at the top of a soup when left in the fridge). It was mind blowing! It either hid the unique taste of this Ezekiel bread, or I'm getting used to it :)

Coconut Oil on Toast

No comments:

Post a Comment