Saturday, January 26, 2013

Tandoori Whole Wheat Orzo & Veg Bake

I truly feel most inspired when I just open up my pantry and fridge and see what I have to play with!


Tandoori Whole Wheat Orzo and Veg Bake 


Orzo and Veg bake

Ingredients include:

Sauce
2 Cups Coconut milk (I'm new to it, trying to get more and more away from dairy)
2 Tbs Butter (TRYING to stay away from dairy)
2 Tbs Spelt flour (to make a roux)
1 Tbs Sarah B’s Tandoori Spice Blend (Scroll down the page after clicking on the link)
1/2 tsp. Turmeric
Salt

Everything Else

2 Cups of the pulp from juice-fest (celery, kale, carrots, apple, beets and cucumber)
3/4 Cups cooked red lentils
1 1/2 Cups of cooked whole wheat orzo pasta
Parmesan cheese

I first mashed the butter and flour together, and added it into the coconut milk that I had heating up on the stove.  

Then I added Sarah B’s Tandoori Spice Blend and some extra turmeric and salt.  When it thickened, I dumped the 2 cups of veggie pulp, the cooked lentils and the cooked orzo to the pot. Stirred to coat, then I put it all in my buttered oval pottery dish. 

I topped with whatever remaining Parmesan cheese I had in the fridge and baked for about 40 minutes in 350 degree oven.

Untitled

OK, I had to eat it before taking its first photo... I was too hungry and it smelt too good... just saying

No comments:

Post a Comment