Saturday, January 26, 2013

Just Juicing

What did YOU do on a Friday night in your young 20s? I played with my girlfriend's boyfriend's juicer!

He has an Omega J8004 Nutrition Center Commercial Masticating Juicer, White



She set it up for me and let me had some fun!

I can't really give you a recipe for what I juiced, I was having so much fun shoving things down the grinder shoot.

I made 3 juices with a few combinations of the following veggies and fruit:

Kale
Celery
Carrots
Beets
Cucumbers
1 teeny tiny Apple

juice


The COLORS of the freshly masticated juice are truly spectacular. I've never quite seen a green or a red like that of the kale and beet. I wonder if painters have ever juiced because I seriously wanted to to dip a paint brush into the juice cup and paint Lisa's white walls... (Lisa, I refrained from doing this!)

And check out the pulp that I got from the remaining veggies!  I cannot throw this away! I'll make a soup stock out of it, but I'm also thinking maybe making some sort of veggie-latka-pancake-pie.

The juice has been in the fridge all night chilling.  I'm quite excited to drink some for breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment