1/2 cup coconut sugar
2 Tbsp of powdered stevia
2 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup spelt flour
1/2 cup cocoa (unsweetened)
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
3/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl beat together the egg, coconut sugar, stevia and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix together flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt and nuts
- Mix together egg and flour mixture then add melted butter.
- Scrape mixture into a 9" by 13" cake pan (grease pan or use parchment paper).
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Brownies are done when a toothpick stuck in their center comes out clean.
They came out really good! I haven't had brownies on almost 3/4 of a year! These are more cake-y, and I'd like to explore to make them more fudge-y. But I have a starting off point.