Monday, June 20, 2011

Insanely Good Banana Nut Pancakes

Each weekend, I try to mix up and match my extracts and spices to my spelt pancake batter to see how create I can get...

This weekend's delight was inspired by 2 ripe bananas sitting in my fruit hammock...

As these babies were hitting the griddle, the husband asked "Are you baking something?"  They smelt wonderful!


Banana Nut Pancakes just poured

You can notice the bits of walnuts in the pancakes!


One more to flip... they were smelling so good!


Say "CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE"


This platter will serve me for a week!
Here's the recipe for the:

Ingredients:

2 cups of spelt flour                               
½ cup of almond meal                           
¾  tsp of salt                                          
3 tsp baking powder
1 Tbsp Cinnamon                                       
2 cups of room temperature milk   (1 1/2 cups for thicker pancakes)                   
2 room temperature eggs                           
2 Tbsp coconut oil room temperature (should be in liquid form) or canola oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp almond extract 
½ cup crushed, hammered, or hand squeezed walnuts
2 ripe bananas, mushed

Combine dry together. Then wet together. Then mix together.  I used an 1/8th cup measuring cup to make mini-ish pancakes.

These smell like banana bread fresh out of the oven!

Next time... I'm adding dark chocolate chips to them!

No comments:

Post a Comment