Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Lamb Meatball Soup

0608011255.jpg


My co-worker made this soup last night using Carmen, her new 7 1/4 QT. Le Creuset Oval Doufeu.
 
Stock photo (actual picture of Carmen will be posted soon). 

Carmen is actually my god daughter. And I had the pleasure of naming her! (that's a story for another time.)

This was the first time I ever tried lamb!  Mom and Dad never cooked it to my recollection growing up, so I had no inclination to really eat it.  But after my sister moved to Scotland, she says she eats it all the time.  

After a short conversation with my friend Kelly the other day, she was talking about these Tapas that she was eating at a restaurant and mentioned Lamb.  

So when presented with the opportunity to try this lamb soup today, I trepidatiously said "YES!" 

Kelly reminded me that its awesome, when the bowl was in front of me, so I put my big girl panties on and shoved the spoon i my mouth.  AND YUMMY! It felt REALLY lean. I don't know if that was the cut of the meat, the way that it was prepared, or the natural make up of the lamb, but I am pleased!

No comments:

Post a Comment