Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Time for New Food in the Fridge Soup!

(in Scotland, this is called a "must go soup")
  • 1 cup of white beans, soaked
  • Remaining disgusting chicken stock base that we used to buy
  • The last can of mushrooms in my pantry
  • The last of the shredded carrots from 3 weeks ago
  • 1/2 of the remaining purple cabbage left in my fridge (oh my god, does 1 head of cabbage shred to!)
  • The remaining stalks of celery in the fridge
  • 1/2 the green and purple kale in my fridge (stems removed and ripped into pieces)
  • 1 onion
  • Water
  • Homemade chicken stock from freezer.
I sauteed the onions, carrots, mushrooms, celery. Then added the beans. When the beans were no longer hard, I added the kale. 

Done. And Very tasty. I'm gonna jar some up and keep in my freezer. Its a HUGE potful!

Time for New Food in the Fridge Soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment