Sunday, May 13, 2012

Saturday's Bounty!

I'm really coming to love our local farmer's markets.  And it still amazes me that the vendors and farms that were not organic had so few, if any buyers! I feel change brewing!

Saturday's booty consisted of:

1) Organic Ugly soft tomatoes (that made a terrific pasta sauce)!
2) Organic Celery
3) Organic Purple kale
4) Organic Cauliflower
5) Fresh - never been frozen wild Alaskan Halibut.

5-12-12 Farmer's Market's Bounty!

Since the only real fish I've ever indulged comes from a frozen bag at Costco. And the price of this 1 piece of halibut was probably as much as I've spent on the entire bag at Costco. But holy crap, did it taste amazing. Never have my hands cooked a fillet of fish of that quality!

I salted and peppered the fish and squirted some lime juice on it, and fried it up with some butter.

Then I put a cilantro pesto lime butter over it. Roasted some broccoli at high temperature for about 15 minutes and voila! A really amazing dinner!

CILANTRO PESTO

1 bunch cilantro
3 cloves garlic
1/2 c. olive oil
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 c. pine nuts (or walnuts)
Wash cilantro, dry. Mix ingredients in food processor until smooth.

I melted down the pesto and added lime and butter to the mix!

Fresh Halibut with broccoli and cilantro lime butter

No comments:

Post a Comment