Friday, May 11, 2012

Minding Frankie

Well, Maeve Binchy did it again. Kept me entertained with a lovely story as I roamed the streets and freeways of California. And no, I'm not reading while sitting in traffic. Maeve has a brilliant women narrating her audiobook with the sweetest Irish brogue.  This is her latest novel, about a community that banded together to mind (what I believe is an older generational work for watching or babysitting, I often remember my grandmother use that word) baby Frankie, who's mom dies of cancer while giving birth to the baby.

Maeve brings together many many characters from her others books; The Copper Beech, Evening Class, Scarlet Feather, Quentins, Nights of Rain and Stars, Whitehorn Woods and Heart and Soul... If you are a person who hates when a book ends cause you miss the characters, this is the author for you!

And this lady writes... NOVELS. And each person's lives are intertwined with each other's. I love it.  One day, I would like to start from the very beginning, and listen to each book from the beginning of the series to the end. Although you would have NO problem picking up a random book and diving right in, as each of her books can stand alone.

If you do pick this up (ideally from your library) then make SURE to get the unabridged version... honestly, why anyone would choose an abridged copy is beyond me! You lose MOST of the story with those "cliff note" versions!



No comments:

Post a Comment