Monday, September 24, 2012

Roku... where have you been my whole life?

For some time now, I've been fighting with the old ball 'n chain who I will affectionately call Attila The Hun about the TV usage.

We have 1 nice Big Screen TV in the living room. It is equipped with 2 Xboxes, a PlayStation and digital cable.

Then we have 1 smaller older TV in the bedroom with linear cable.  It is void of any real programing since it seems daily, more stations are doing away with their linear channels. The DVD player broke a year ago. But it does have a Tivo filled with reruns of Food Network shows and Family Guy episodes.

Needless to say, my TV Natzi of a husband monopolizes the TV, watching everything from football and baseball, to MythBusters and Honey Boo Boo.  The only time I ever get to watch the TV is either at 9 pm when he goes to bed, or if I get myself up at 5:30.  I love streaming Netflix on the PlayStation, but resent having to only mornings to take advantage of the feature.

"Why not demand the usage!" you may exclaim.  I have. But I have come to realize that I would rather watch Gray's Anatomy without the extra track of dialogue that comes streaming from the other side of the couch.  "Oh, is this "Gay's Anatomy?" "Oh are you now watching Private Parts?"  Not to mention watching him pass by throughout the living room to go smoke bringing with him the the clouds of stench reminiscent of Pig Pen. No Thank You!

So I asked him what was the cheapest solution to enabling me to watch my my Netflix streaming from the TV in the bedroom.

I found this to be the solution!  Roku!

  • You can stream Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, Pandora and other channels.
  • Mine is purple, cause I opted for the cheapest box since my old TV dictates a of lot what I can and can not do.
  • It was 49.99 + free shipping.
  • It delivered in like 2 days.
  • It does the job VERY nicely.

So nicely, that I think  Genghis Khanin the other room, got lonely cause he kept coming into the bedroom says "whatcha doing?"


No comments:

Post a Comment