Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Pumpkin Yogurt

I had a big of a spelt pancake disaster on Sunday.  Perhaps "Disaster" is a strong word but... once I combined wet to dry... the batter tripled in size, with the elasticity of... pizza dough?

What I think happened, because it seems to be the only factor that has changed... is the baking powder.  When I wrote the recipe, I used... very old baking powder.  Looking back... 3 tsp of baking powder to 2 cups of flour DOES seem a bit excessive, even for my non-baking brain.

I recently opened up a new batch of powder and this is the second time it's happened. The first time I as camping and blamed it on the "elements".

I ended up adding some agave nectar to the batter, and threw it in a pan to bake off... not quite sure WHAT it turned into, its a mix between a pancake, a cake... and kugel.

So I opened up this huge can of pumpkin (to make pumpkin pancakes) and what to do with the remaining pumpkin?

WELL...

This morning I added it to my Greek Yogurt!

So I made Pumpkin Yogurt?

Pumpkin Yogurt

Ingredients:

pumpkin puree
Greek yogurt
date syrup
cinnamon
pinch of clove
Voila!


I'm quite pleased with the turnout!

1 comment: