Saturday, July 2, 2011

Fudgy Brownies Take 1

I adapted this recipe from the Whole Foods Dark Chocolate brownie recipe you can find on their website or here:

Butter and flour for pan preparation (I was lazy and sprayed olive oil spray)
6 ounces 88% bittersweet chocolate, broken into small pieces
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 eggs
3/4 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup agave nectar
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup spelt flour

Preheat oven to 375°F. Butter and flour a 9 x 9-inch baking pan. Set aside. In a double boiler, melt chocolate and butter, stirring until smooth. Stir in vanilla and let cool slightly. In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs and sugar on medium high speed until thick and creamy, and sugar is dissolved, about 10 minutes. I didn't feel like lugging out my mixer, can't find my beaters, so I used my stick mixer!

Gently stir in melted chocolate. Stir salt into flour and fold gently into chocolate mixture. Do not over mix. Pour batter into prepared pan and spread to smooth. Bake 20 minutes, then cover with foil. Bake additional 8 to 12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted 1 inch from the center comes out clean. 

Ok, so after 20 minutes, my brownies were done... if not too done! I also used a smaller pan... small enough to fit in my toaster oven.  So perhaps I should have lowered the cooking time... opps.

They came out super yummy. More Fudgy than last weeks, but still chasing a fudge-r texture. I'm gonna alter the cooking time next time and see if that helps.

downsized_0702012006.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment