Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Chilled Rawvocado Soup with Coconut Water

I made this last night. It was reallllly good.
It tasted like liquid guacamole... which I'm so OK with. I thinned it out a lot with water. I thought I'd only be thinning in a little bit so I opted for water, just not to open a box of coconut water. If I would have known, I would have use the other box. I also added some salt and lime zest. Chilled, its like a refreshing dream!
Chilled Rawvocado Soup with Coconut Water
This recipe makes two servings.  If you want more soup, double the amounts accordingly.
Ingredients:
2 large, ripe avocados
1 cup coconut water (you could also use nut milk or filtered water)
juice of 1 lime (about 4 tablespoons)
½ cup cilantro leaves
¼ cup chives
1 shallot, minced
pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
1.     Cut open and pit avocados. Scoop out flesh, reserving a small portion of one half for garnish.
2.     Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend on high until smooth. If the soup is too thick, add more coconut water until the desired consistency is reached (it should coat the back of a spoon, but not be solid).
3.     Pour into a large jar with a tight-fitting lid and chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour. Serve when cold. Garnish with avocado cubes and chives or cilantro.
I used the recipe from this article:
http://wholelivingdaily.wholeliving.com/2011/07/meatless-monday-celebrate-the-holiday-with-this-chilled-and-raw-avocado-soup.html

No comments:

Post a Comment