Sunday, May 29, 2011

Sunday Pancakes!

Last Sunday, I wanted to switch up our normal Spelt Pancake Sunday breakfasts.  I truly enjoy our spelt pancakes and can't even remember what the white refined flour ridden ones even taste like! I just keep envisioning a gloppy hardened white floured goop, half digested in my intestines... rotting.  Yuck.

But the spelt pancakes are so light and fluffy!  I digress...

I woke up last Sunday wanting to mix it up a little bit.  I ADORE my heavily almond flavored-favored pancakes, but wanted something different.  So I opened up my spice cabinet and took out a a box of extracts my dad's boss sent me.  He works at a company that makes the flavorings for ice creams and extracts.  It was a wonderful gift to receive.

In the box, came the following extracts:

Almond
Star Anise
Chocolate
Cinnamon
Clove
Ginger
Lavender
Lemon
Orange
Peppermint
Rose
Vanilla

And Orange essenc-ed pancakes sounded quite right. So I simply played with the liquid batter recipe, going 1 tsp of vanilla extract and 1/2 tsp orange extract.

0521010951.jpg

It was great! not too over-bearing of orange. Just enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment