Saturday, May 21, 2011

El Pollo Loco

 

Oh, how I adore "the crazy chicken."


 I mean, I always liked it. Whats not to like?  Mac and cheese, wedge potatoes, and of course, the flame grilled chicken!

But these days, I REALLY love El Pollo Loco... for their "Safe" eating options!  They offer both flour AND corn totillas, and since I no longer eat white flour, this is great.

Their chicken doesn't have sugar in it, and they have plenty of go-to sides to choose from. Side salads, beans, corn on the cob, and mixed veggies... YAY.

Today, while running some errands, I spotted my crazy chicken restaurant and my tummy said, "Yes" to chicken.

After ordering my thighs and legs, the nice lady told us of new sides added to the menu... oh god...

1 was flame grilled corn... which was simply amazing.  It tasted like camping and corn.  It was delicious!
The other new size that I choose... my god.... the sweet potato fries!  And they were really to die for.  They were super crispy. Fried to perfection.  I offered some up to the husband... and he didn't eat enough of them.  So "begrudgingly" I had to.  I wouldn't have felt SOOOO guilty, if I didn't already partake in some yesterday at lunch... its like the Sweet Potato Fries God has been looming around, sprinkling opportunities left and right to eat them!

The point of this blog today, was REALLY about the fire grilled corn... It was so amazing that I took a picture of it!

You're lucky that I left THIS much left on the plate... I was holding back until the picture sent!  The delicious green in the cup in their Spicy Avocado sauce... another amazing reason to love EPL.
And if you visit their site... they have a Meal Builder where you can calculate your fat/calories/salt intake by selecting the foods you ate... or if you're smart... plan to eat.  Below is my meal, without the corn tortillas.  Brian polished off mine, so not to worry, nothing went to waste.


So, here was how Lunch shaped up!

Calories758
Fat(g)45
Saturated Fat(g)11
Trans Fat(g)1
Cholesterol(g)252
Sodium1,263
Carbs54
Fiber7
Sugar16
Protein40
Iron21







































So, The Crazy Chicken for the very near future will hold a dear place in my heart... and my tummy.   Just... keep me away from the sweet tater fries!

1 comment:

  1. OMG! I've been wanted El Pollo Loco for so long! For a while I was ADDICTED to their Original El Pollo Bowl. I blame that on my boss because she introduced me to it. I actually had a frozen Pollo Bowl that I picked up at Vons and it was pretty good...but definitely not as good as the real thing. Now I really want the crazy chicken!

    ReplyDelete