Monday, January 31, 2011

Corn Bread Disaster

I have been dying to try out this corn bread recipe that calls for whole wheat and cornmeal...I thought that the company's chili cook-off would be a fun place to showcase this tempting treat that was Petunia's-new-lifestyle-of-eating-friendly.

But when I pulled out the box of cornmeal... the box was like... covered in black mold?! I have no idea how that happened. So in the trash it went, and I had no energy to go to the store.

This morning, I figured, I'd throw together the box of Jiffy mix that I keep on reserve in the pantry. I wanted to put a little twist on it, so I added some ground chipotle pepper and baked them in the mini muffin tins.

I certainly overcooked them. But whatever, you dunk them in the liquidy chilly and you're good to go. Jiffy is NOT on my new lifestyle plan, so I didn't sample.



I snuck a taste... GROSS!!!! I am embarrassed that I even served them!!! ahhhhh. I just have NO luck with Jiffy. I have to get rid of any other "reserve" boxes that might be lingering in my pantry... but how the f*ck does someone mess up 1 egg and 1/3 c of milk?

No comments:

Post a Comment