Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Grapefruit Vinaigrette

With all that grapefruit juicy/pulp on hand, I wanted to try to use it a little bit creatively... and utilize Tazz some more so I thought... Grapefruit Vinaigrette!

Naturally, I just Googled it and searched for a recipe that listed things I already had in my place.  And here we go!

1 grapefruit
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper

*I put them in Tazz and zipped it all together. I didn't follow the amounts of these ingredients because right off the bat, I had blended 4 grapefruits and wasn't exactly sure how much 1 grapefruit (juice only) would have yielded.  So I just eyeballed everything.  LOVED the Dijon part.

This turned out to be a really NICE dressing.  You can taste the grapefruit but it wasn't overpowering. You can get the hint of Dijon... I might have went a tiny bit overboard on the honey. 

grspe
 
**I have no idea why the text above is all wacky... just saying

No comments:

Post a Comment