Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Perfect in a Pinch Halloweeny Cottage Cheesy Breakfast!

This time of year, I stick pumpkin in almost everything! It's festive, fun and full of fiber!

Fresh Pumpkin Puree - Homemade

Today, I decided to try it in some cottage cheese.

My 1/2 pint mason jar looked as follows:

1/2 cup of lowfat organic cottage cheese
5 shakes of my cinnamon jar
1 pinch of ground ginger
2 "pumpkin cubes" of pureed pumpkin (I froze 2 ice trays full of pumpkin puree)
1 squirt of agave nectar

I brought this to work with me, but I have to be honest...it sat on my desk until I became so hungry, that I HAD to eat it.  I mean, cottage cheese ... pumpkin???

Well, my instincts were RIGHT ON!  This stuff tasted GREAT!

I can't believe it took me this long to try this.

Getting back to basics, I truly am enjoying how having a few staples in the fridge, freezer and pantry can produce such a plethora of bountifulness!

downsized_1031021249.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment