Monday, November 21, 2011

Happy Birthday K

Pumpkin Cheesecake by Petunia21
Pumpkin Cheesecake, a photo by Petunia21 on Flickr.

Today my little cousin Karisa turns 25... WTF. I remember when she was born... I was 6. I remember the shirt I was wearing when I was holding her...

Well, Happy Birthday Little K. For you, I baked this cheesecake in my beautiful Emile Henry pie plate that I got for my wedding from Josh and Kelly.

It's been packed away hidden from our "just joking" almost move back to NY. It was in the "we're only gonna be here for 6 months" box that I could do without for... 6 months. Almost 2 years later, I fished it out of a mis-marked triple packed box in a box in a box. Fun!

I'm really excited because this was the first time that I made a cheesecake in something other than a spring foam pan. It turned out really well. I baked at just 1 hour in a water bath. It's creamy and sweet (using dates that I just threw into the food processor along with the other ingredients).

Ok... I didn't make this for Little K's bday. It was just a fun reason to post this picture :)

xxoxoxo

1 comment: