Monday, November 28, 2011

Hot Apple Cider

Hot Apple Cider by Petunia21
Hot Apple Cider, a photo by Petunia21 on Flickr.

Man, nothing can bring fragrance to a room like Hot Apple cider, stewing all day while you are hitting the appetizers, main course, and desert.

I love making this because I literally put a gallon of apple juice in the Crock pot the night before. Throw in 2 cinnamon sticks, about 8 clothes and a star anise.

Some people will put the spices in a little bouquet garnish but I in the past just let the little guys float. This time, I added 1 nectarine to the pool... but studded the nectarine WITH the cloves... so no floaters! It was really neat, and easy and reminded me of some clove studded orange thing I made in elementary school... I can't seem to remember what the purpose of said ornament was (I'm gonna have to ask my mom now).

The apple juice totally sweetens this cider up but if its not sweet enough, go at it with your sugar of choice.

Keep the Crock pot on low throughout the entertaining process to keep the cider piping hot

.... could go for some now!

No comments:

Post a Comment