Friday, December 28, 2012

That's What Christmas is All About...

And all I really wanted for Christmas Eve, is to share a meal that I created with some loved ones!

I got my wish.  

CAM00302

From left to right... I made some brown rice and added some pimentos and diced green onions. The rice is in my Emile Henry Pasta Bowl that I got for my wedding.

Next was "Nuna's Beans".  It has been years and years since I've eaten Nuna's beans, ever since moving to California.  I was very excited to attempt them, and even more thrilled when they tasted just like I remember.  This will for sure be a new staple at Xmas Eve dinner! The beans were cooked in my Emile Henry Risotto Pot (which... I've never made risotto in, note to self) that my friend Shannon got me for my Bridal shower.

Next is a thrown together creamed spinach with some Panko bread crumbs and parm cheese served in a pyrex that I got for my shower as well. 

Back to the front... My pernil, roasted pork shoulder.  Marinated for 2 days with garlic, oregano and salt and pepper.  Slow roasted for 5 hours and fall off the bone tender! It is served in the newest addition to my kitchen collection, a Bennington Pottery Oval Baker.

My roasted cauliflower which too, was marinating for 2 days, was served in my Emile Henry Pie Dish (another gift for my wedding)

And the sour dough bread that the husband picked up at the market is laid out on my acacia serving plate from Crate and Barrel (YET ANOTHER WEDDING GIFT) along with the butter crock in the back from Le Crueset.

I love love love all of these pieces that I mentioned.  I get a very big thrill out of each piece in my kitchen and I love any opportunity to use them to entertain.

No comments:

Post a Comment