A bond film, is usually a sure thing when it comes to big screen entertainment. I enjoy romantic comedies and he's more of a thriller seeker... so a BOND movie can usually bring us together where no one is "doing the other one a favor" by accompanying the other.
And as always, a good time was had by both. We even were able to NOT order popcorn. Double score for me!
This year is the 50th Anniversary of the bond movie franchise (based on a series of books by Ian Fleming), and since B and I have only see a handful of the films ... ok, anything POST the late 1980s when I/he were old enough to watch. My First Bond, was Timmy Dalton. But soon after that, Pierce Bronson was the Bond I knew to be 007. I was pretty shocked when Daniel Craig took the keys the Aston Martin. I have found in the last 20 years of MY Bondage life, that each Bond seemed to have BOUND himself to the role. Ok, enough with the puns.
When we got we got in the car after watching Skyfall, I told B "hey, lets watch ALL the Bond movies!" I'm a type of person that likes to check things off a list. And as B and I are usually looking for things to do together (and usually need the aid of a guidance system and a flashlight) I thought this would be a fun, inexpensive winter date night agenda. Take out + Couch = woo hoo!
Here is the Official James Bond Film list:
- Dr. No (1962-Sean Connery)
- From Russia With Love (1963-Sean Connery)
- Goldfinger (1964-Sean Connery)
- Thunderball (1965-Sean Connery)
- You Only Live Twice (1967-Sean Connery)
- On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969-George Lazenby)
- Diamonds Are Forever (1971-Sean Connery)
- Live and Let Die (1973-Roger Moore)
- The Man with the Golden Gun (1974-Roger Moore)
- The Spy Who Loved Me (1977-Roger Moore)
- Moonraker (1979-Roger Moore)
- For Your Eyes Only (1981-Roger Moore)
- Octopussy (1983-Roger Moore)
- A View to a Kill (1985-Roger Moore)
- The Living Daylights (1987-Timothy Dalton)
- Licence to Kill (1989-Timothy Dalton)
- GoldenEye (1995-Pierce Brosnan)
- Tomorrow Never Dies (1997-Pierce Brosnan)
- The World is Not Enough (1999-Pierce Brosnan)
- Die Another Day (2002-Pierce Brosnan)
- Casino Royale (2006-Daniel Craig)
- Quantum of Solace (2008-Daniel Craig)
- Skyfall (November 2012-Daniel Craig)