Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Breakfast!

Breakfast! by Petunia21
Breakfast!, a photo by Petunia21 on Flickr.

I'm really excited about this breakfast.

Breakfast for me can get kinda boring. My usual breakfast is:

1) Left over pancakes from Sunday (especially if I have yoga in the morning)
2) Hard boiled eggs (if I'm on the run)
3) Frozen fruit & yogurt Smoothie (if its the summer time)
4) Oatmeal
5) Omelet
6) Yogurt with date paste and Ezekiel cereal on top for a granola-y crunch (can only have this when I actually have some organic Greek yogurt in the house)
7) Whole Wheat cereals.

Hmmmm... not too bad of a selection, come to think of it, but I guess I don't normally "get" to have waffles or English muffins, or biscuits.

The Husband spotted these Ezekiel English muffins in the freezer section of the supermarket. I almost hesitated cause well... they were NOT cheap. But I remembered how I do feel like breakfast is one of those meals that I just circulate around and around, and what about a little mix up!

So I literally throw the entire unbroken English muffin from Freezer to toaster oven. About 5-7 minutes later I burn my hands while taking it off of the rack and using whatever is on the counter (usually the back of B's coffee spoon, will break them open (still using my hand so my fingers keep getting burned)

I then top with a little bit of jelly that is made of just the fruit itself, and sweetened with some other sort of fruit juice, a nice glob of nut butter (in this case, Almond butter, but I have used peanut butter in the past)

And I am one happy camper, along with my cup of Joe.

Now as I type this up, I think how this cold be fun to do a cinnamon toasty vibe or even a peanut butter and dark chocolate chip thing for a desert.

No comments:

Post a Comment