Monday, August 15, 2011

Homemade Strawberry Syrup and Greek Yogurt

I bought some strawberries the other day at the store. For some reason, their beauty always is enchanting and I look at them in my fridge and think "you are such a treat, I need to wait until the most amazing moment to dive into you"... which is retarded.

I finally packed some for lunch the other day. And in a glorious halo moment, bit into it, and AHHHHHHH. It was sooooo un-sweet. But not bland. I am very familiar with un-sweet. It was BITTER?! SOUR?!

I spit it out... THAT bad!

I turned my bitter strawberries into lemonade... just kidding. Into a strawberry syrup yesterday morning. Using my stick blender, some cut up strawberries and date syrup, I pureed then into a nice topping for my pancakes.

Last night, I put a little on my pumpkin ice cream!

This morning, they served well over my yogurt! I put the puree in a cute little glass Kerr jar that I got from Smart & Final. I must say, it just looks PRETTY in my fridge. Oh so many uses! I bet it would taste nice over oatmeal!

No comments:

Post a Comment