Tuesday, June 4, 2013

When Life Gives You Dill... you make Dill Hummus

I had found dill and cucumbers at the farmer's market which led me to the idea of PICKLES!!!  Well, that didn't happen... yet.  I ended up eating the pickles before I could get the other ingredients for pickling, mainly, the pickle salt.

So in the meantime, I have been dilling everything!  This weekend, we picked up some chive hummus and I thought... DILL HUMMUS!

A few searches on the internet brought me this recipe. I copied and pasted it from Food.com.  The uploader was 3killerbs

Ingredients:

1/2 lb chickpeas (garbanzos)
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup tahini
3 garlic cloves, whacked and peeled
2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
1 teaspoon salt (to taste)

Directions:

1 - Soak chickpeas overnight. Bring to a boil and simmer 30-45 minutes or until tender.
2 - Drain, reserving liquid.
3 - While chickpeas are still hot, put them into the blender with all the other ingredients.
4 - Add 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid and blend on medium speed until it achieves a smooth, peanut-butter-like consistency. Add additional cooking liquid if it seems too stiff.
5 - Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.

6 - Best if chilled overnight to develop flavor.

Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment